Mjuka Klossar - Still Popular 9 Years Later!


One of the best baby gifts I ever received was a set of foam blocks, given to me by a British friend when Annika was born, more than 9 years ago. These blocks have seen it all. They have been in the bathtub and the sandbox, and some of them have survived winter cold, summer heat and the added indignity of small teeth. Some are a bit faded (the poor ones who survived a few winters in the sandbox) and some do have teeth marks, but they still remain one of the best toys we have ever had. I remember sitting on the floor and building tower after tower with 9-month-olds, only to have my wacky constructions knocked down again and again to the accompaniment of baby giggles. Or building fences for make-belive zoos... our houses for pretend animals...


But I thought we were done. My baby is now 5 1/2, and it seemed like it was time to move the blocks into retirement. But no sooner had I shifted them towards the door had my 7-year-old rediscovered them and brought them back into the mainstream again. So I guess we will have them for a few more years...


I searched for the same blocks to offer in ABC Leksaker, and finally found them. These foam blocks are great additions to any toybox. They are light and don't hurt if thrown. They are quiet and don't make a big crash. But best of all, they are "sticky" and don't slide easily past each other, giving creative construction a whole new dimension! Great - and great fun!

No comments: