Trying a New Browser

Being a web-based business keeps me on the edge, or so I like to think. I read an article recently (in a good old-fashioned paper newspaper) about the different browsers available - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome, so I'm trying them out. It is hard to switch, so I decided to give each one a whole day so that I could really evaluate them well. Old habits die hard, so I figured I needed to break my old habits in order to really see what was possible. That was my plan, in any case. i'm afraid I only made it through 2 hours with Firefox before I decided it was time to try something else, and I was wondering if I would find some feature to tip the scales away from my old standby, IE. 

But surprisingly, I did find something. Google's Chrome is my new favorite, and I have now switched. Chrometakes away a lot of the unnecessary buttons, and gives a crisp, clean interface. It also has only one field for either internet addresses or google searches - which streamlines the process of getting to the page you want. 

I thought I would check on you all - the visitors to ABC Leksaker - to see where you fall. 74% of you use Internet Explorer, not surprising. 17% are using Firefox, 4% are using Safari, and less than 1% are using Chrome. And a few of you are using a host of other browsers that I've never even heard of - Opera, Mozilla, Netfront, Camino, SeaMonkey - maybe I wasn't as "on the edge of technology" as I thought. 

In any case, it is fun to try something new - you might find something you like!


No comments: